Game Boy Advance Backlit IPS LCD
This brand new kit is the sharpest, brightest LCD you can find for the Game Boy Advance, and it's also IPS technology! This means that the viewing angles are insane, and the pixel quality simply impressive.
- A backlit IPS LCD that is brighter than the AGS-101 LCD and also provides superior viewing angles
- 4x size of original pixels provide a proportional image with no scaling
- Fast refresh rate
- Solder-free installation, some case trimming will be required
- (Optional) 10 brightness levels controlled by using button combinations. Requires 3 wires to be soldered.
- 1x IPS LCD Display
- 1x Ribbon cable, compatible with either 32 or 40 pin GBAs
- 1x Offset glass lens (for non-centred installs)
- 1x 3D-printed centering bracket (credit for the design to retromodding.com, bracket designs available here if you want to print them yourselves; released under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0))
- This display is much thinner and has a thick bezel on its left side, which means it requires a centering bracket, as it won't be supported by the shell
- The viewing area of the IPS LCD is slightly larger (about 1mm on each side) than the display lens allow. We are looking into sourcing custom centered lenses that will fit perfectly.
- The provided lens is for offset installation. This means that the screen will not be centered when using the offset bracket (you either need to use the bracket, or the provided offset lens)
- There is a noticeable diagonal tearing on the display in some games during moments of transition (see this video by Wyatt Gallagher). Some people who have received their kits find it annoying and some barely noticeable, so please keep this in mind when ordering this kit.
Note: Due to the fragile nature and sensitivity of electronic components, we are unable to accept returns if the kit has been opened.