Please note: This is an advanced mod that requires soldering skills.
This kit improves the colour, clarity and contrast of your Sega Game Gear. It also includes a VGA output kit for connection to an external TV, monitor or projector.
The LCD screen mod has the following 7 different modes that can be scrolled through by holding buttons 1, 2 and Start at the same time:
- Scaled Resolution
- Scaled Resolution with scanlines
- Doubled horizontal resolution, scaled vertical resolution
- Doubled horizontal resolution, scaled vertical resolution with scanlines
- Doubled GG resolution (upper/lower parts are cut off)
- Doubled GG resolution with scanlines
- Native Resolution
Installation instructions for PCB Revision 837-7996 / 837-7719-01 VA0 (2 ASIC) can be found here
Installation instructions for PCB Revision 837-9130 / 837-9024 / 837-8560 (1 ASIC) can be found here
Each kit contains:
- 1x McWill's Sega Game Gear Replacement LCD kit
- 1x VGA output kit
Each kit has been individually tested.
Note: Due to the fragile nature and sensitivity of electronic components, we are unable to accept returns if the kit has been opened.