MemCard PRO2 for PS2 and PS1 (Smoke Black)
THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. Pre-orders are expected to ship on or before December 2023 in the order they're placed.
The wait is finally over! The MemCardPRO2 is here!
The brand new MemCard PRO2 for the original PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 1 consoles is the last Memory Card you will ever need!
No more piles of memory cards, no more guessing where your precious save is, and no more corrupt saves!
The MemCard PRO2 solves the problem of storing your game's saves forever!
The features you love from the MemCard PRO & MemCard PRO GC
With 2 widely successful MemCard PROs already available, you can trust the quality and attention to detail has transferred over to our new MemCard PRO entry. All your favourite features are already available on launch day, plus more. We've even planned some exciting new features that will arrive through our super-easy over-the-air firmware updates.
Using the latest high quality components, the MemCard PRO2 offers an almost infinite amount of save blocks for your PlayStation 2 or PlayStation 1, from a single slot! The latest and greatest ESP32S3 powers the core of the MemCard PRO2 with lower power consumption and generated heat than the previous iterations. It can still provide and incredible amount of speed with its dual-core 240MHz processor and spacious memory.
The MemCard PROs are famous as "the last memory card you will ever need" for your console due to the fact that it allows you to create a truly astonishing amount of virtual memory cards. This also applies to the MemCard PRO2!
Not only can you create 128 8MB memory cards per 1GB for the PS2, or 8192 PS1 memory cards ber 1GB on your microSD card, but you can also configure the supported PS2 sizes for your virtual memory cards*! Anything from 8MB to 128MB is supported**, and the MemCard PRO2 will even automatically detect the size and console it's connected to and emulate it accordingly!
Files are stored on either a microSD card that you can plug it to the MemCard PRO2, or on an externally powered USB flash drive or hard disk! microSD cards of up to 2TB are supported, but you can go larger on a USB device, as the theoretical limit of an exFat volume is 128PB!!
Wireless features that make sense
The MemCard PRO2 comes with WiFi built-in. This allows you to connect your MemCard PRO2 to your wireless network and manage it remotely. Create, edit and delete your virtual memory cards without touching your microSD card. You can even manually set names for your cards, or change the GameDB assigned name for it to one of your liking!
If you prefer managing the files directly, you can use the built-in FTP server and directly access the files, as if the microSD card was on your computer's desktop.
And for the first time, the MemCard PRO2 supports automatic cloud backups out of the box!
A Bigger OLED Display
We really loved the MemCard PRO PS1 OLED display, so we decided to go bigger! A 128x64 monochrome OLED display allows for more details to be presented to the user, with useful information and a heap of new active status icons that help you determine if your MemCard PRO2 is active, the WiFi status or the type of console it's connected to, etc.
The new power of the ESP32S3 also allows us to up the framerate of the display for smooth animations and marquee scrolling of the game name!
In 2021 we introduced the world to our invention, the GameID and GameDB systems, that allows the MemCard PRO to communicate to a system device and determine what the running game is. This allowed us to automatically switch the loaded virtual memory card, and transform the experience of loading games to one that makes you forget a memory card is even plugged in! The MemCard PRO could automatically load the associated VMC, providing a dedicated card for each game with 8 channels of 15 blocks.
The MemCard PRO2 continues to deliver this great experience, and with support planned for OPL, it can automatically detect the running game and create or load a set of 8 channels of dedicated virtual memory cards. This saves a lot of pain managing your saves on the same Memory Card by automatically associating a virtual memory card to a specific game!
Furthermore, ODE support for the PlayStation 1 console is still supported and works out of the box!
- Larger 128x64 Monochrome OLED display that shows the loaded virtual memory card, status icons and other information
- Supports any microSD card, from 1GB to 2TB. Each 1GB of storage provides enough space for 8192 PS1 memory cards or 128 8MB PS2 memory cards
- WiFi connectivity and remote features through a WebUI and FTP Server
- Cloud backups / cloud saving (multiple providers supported - details will be announced at a later date)
- Switch active channels and navigate through the virtual memory cards with two physical buttons on the device
- Easy wireless network setup from a wireless device's web browser, by connecting to the MemCard PRO2's access point.
- Supports a special set of instructions for automatic loading, game info and remote control (GameID & GameDB via ODE for PS1 / OPL for PS2)
- High quality manufacturing with an injection molded shell and hard gold plated PCB contacts.
- USB flash drive support (externally powered)
- USB host mode lets the MemCard PRO2 connect to your computer and act as an SD card reader.
- Load and manage stored memory cards remotely through the WebUI
- Easily access and manage the physical files on your MemCard PRO2 microSD card over an FTP client
- Launch FMCB directly from a virtual memory card!
- SMB Client for automatic remote loading in diskless mode
- Acts as a controller receiver for a surprise future 8BitMods product on the PS1
- OPL Block device support
- ... more surprises!
* planned feature
** not all sd cards are supported in this mode