Update 30 August 2021:
- Last cards for this batch are now in stock and available to preorder. Starts shipping on the week of 6 September 2021.
The wait is over! No more piles of tiny memory cards for the PlayStation 1 with a mere 15 blocks on each card.
Did you know that there are games that use a whole standard Memory Card for just 1 save?
The MemCard PRO was designed and assembled by 8BitMods, and it's a brand new offering for the PlayStation 1 that solves the problem of storing your game's saves forever.
Using the latest components and powered with FPGA technology, the MemCard PRO offers an almost infinite amount of blocks for your PlayStation 1, from a single slot! An ESP32 module provides an incredible amount of power, with a dual-core processor running at 240MHz.
MemCard PRO can store "virtual memory cards" on a standard microSD card of any size. Everything from 1GB to 1TB works!
Each gigabyte of storage on your microSD card equals to a whopping 8192 memory cards! Yes you've read that right! A 1GB microSD can store 122,880 blocks of PlayStation 1 game saves!
But it doesn't stop there! This little device is packed with features!
A Memory Card with WiFi!?
MemCard PRO can also connect to your WiFi network, to provide extra cool features! At this moment you can browse and control the Memory Cards on your microSD card, through an intuitive Web User Interface. It can also update its firmware over the internet, or through the microSD card slot.
Did we mention there is a super-bright OLED display on MemCard PRO? The display can show you the mounted memory card, along with more information like read and write access indicators. It can also show the card's name, which you can set through the WebUI.
Last but not Least...
If you have a modern PlayStation 1 Optical Disc Emulator, it's about to get even more exciting.
MemCard PRO can seamlessly communicate with an ODE and automatically mount the memory card specifically for that game! If it's the first time you're running the game, it will automatically create 8 virtual memory cards for that specific game, and even show the game's name on the display!
We really plan to add more features to MemCard PRO, and everything will be addeed for free, through a firmware update.
- OLED display that shows the mounted memory card, read/write access indicators and network information
- Supports any microSD card, from 1GB to 1TB. Every GB of storage has enough space for approximately 8000 cards
- WiFi connectivity and remote features through a WebUI
- Switch the active channel through a game pad combination or with the card's physical buttons
- Easy wireless network setup from a wireless device's web browser, by connecting to its access point
- Supports ODE commands for automatic loading, game info and remote control
- High quality manufacturing with an injection molded shell and hard gold plated fingers
- Load the stored memory cards remotely through the WebUI and manage individual blocks
- Local and Cloud backup functionality through file rotation
- Share saves with your friends
- Download saves and memory cards directly to your MemCard PRO from a URL
- ... more surprises!
IMPORTANT NOTE ON PLAYSTATION 2 AND PLAYSTATION 3 ADAPTER COMPATIBILITY:
While the memory card works on PlayStation 2 as a normal PlayStation 1 card does (i.e. to save when playing PlayStation 1 games), later Slim models of PlayStation 2, and the PlayStation 3 adapter are not compatible, without modifying the PS2 or the PS3 Adapter.
*Planned are based on the capabilities of the MemCard PRO hardware, and may not be implemented.