Martha Is Dead is a dark first-person psychological thriller, set in 1944 Italy, that blurs the lines between reality, superstition and the tragedy of war.
As conflict intensifies between German and Allied forces, the desecrated body of a woman is found drowned… Martha!
Martha is dead, and her twin sister Giulia, the young daughter of a German soldier, must alone deal with the acute trauma of loss and the fallout from her murder. The hunt for the truth is shrouded by mysterious folklore and the extreme horror of war that draws ever closer.
What will prevail?
About this Game
- The first Indie game to launch using the native Italian language as the default setting
- The second game from LKA, the award-winning developer of "The Town of Light" and specialists in reality based narrative games focused on tough subjects
- Deep and dark multi-layered narrative - covering difficult topics
- Explore a detailed recreation of the Italian countryside, photo realistic graphics and meticulous reproduction of real locations
- Capture your progress with Engaging camera photography mechanics
- Play with numerous marionette sequences in the puppet theatre to remember repressed memories
- Collect newspapers, telegrams and listen to the radio to keep updated on what is occurring in the world during the war