Despite the fact that the Nintendo Wii was released in 2006, it only features a component video out as the best AV out option.
This kit fixes all that, by adding RGB and HDMI options to the list!
The WiiDual outputs analog video and HDMI simultaneously. It can output 240p/480i/480p in all video modes. 240p/480i and can be line doubled to display 480p. The analog portion supports the following outputs: RGBS/RGBHV/RGsB/YPbPr.
WiiDual is internal hardware designed to run a custom GC-Video 2.4c by Unseen for Nintendo Wii. The following motherboard revisions are supported.
- RVK-CPU-01 (No Gamecube Ports)
- RVK-CPU-02 (No Gamecube Ports)
Please visit this page for full instructions: http://dansprojects.com/wiidual_install.html
- There currently is no good "off the shelf" solution for VGA.
- For YPbPr you will need a standard Wii Component Cable.
- If using a standard RGBS/Scart cable, it will need to be modifed to work the WiiDual. The Color channels need to be swapped and Composite Video needs to be remove from the console. These are both simple procedures. Please look at this image for details on how a modified RGC cable should look: https://i.imgur.com/nwVKO9r.jpg
Note: Due to the fragile nature and sensitivity of electronic components, we are unable to accept returns if the kit has been opened.